13th annual bilateral summit India and Japan held in Japan
The 13th annual bilateral summit of India Japan held in Japan. The Indian prime minister visitedJapan to attend the summit. The partnership between the two countries has been transformed a lot and it has now become like a ‘special strategic and global partnership’.India and Japan must work together for a rules-based and inclusive world order that fosters trust and confidence by enhancing communication and connectivity to ensure rule of law, unimpeded trade, and flow of people, technology and ideas for shared prosperity.
- Japan investors will invest around $2.5 US dollars in India. The two sides agreed for a 2+2 dialogue between our foreign ministers and defense ministers to further work towards world peace.
- An India-Japan Business Platform will be established to enhance the development of industrial corridors and industrial network in the region. Both countries will cooperate for the first time in the areas of traditional medicinal systems such as Yoga and Ayurveda. This will facilitate a boost in healthcare in both countries.
- Both the countries have agreed to synchronize upon sharing benefits of the Ayushman Bharat scheme and the Japanese healthcare programme. Japan will invest more significantly in the up gradation of infrastructure in the Northeast which will also link India to Southeast Asia.
- The two countries will work together to extend access to education, health and other amenities to the people of the Indo-Pacific, including Africa.
- Japan-India Investment Promotion Roadmap enhanced the contribution of Japan in India’s Make in India initiative with the establishment of the Business Support Centre in Ahmedabad