2019 Golden Globe Awards:Bohemian Rhapsody wins Best Picture Drama
The 76th annual Golden Globe Awards were held in honor of the best films and television of 2018. These annual awards honor the best in Motion Pictures and Television for the year 2018. This year’s event was hosted by actors Andy Samberg and Sandra Oh, who took over from 2018 host, comedian Seth Meyers. Oh joined a small group of actors who won an award in the same ceremony they hosted. The Globes this year pulled a twist at the end of the ceremony, with Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody staging upset wins
- The Green Book finished with three awards-the maximum for the evening, Bohemian Rhapsody- the Queen biopic and Alfonso Cuaron’s Roma won two each.
- The Globes this year pulled a twist at the end of the ceremony, with Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody staging upset wins.
- “A Star Is Born” was the odds-on favorite for the Best Motion Picture (Drama), ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ won the award.
- The other major awards included Best Actress in Motion Picture (Drama), which went to Glenn Close for the film ‘The Wife’ and Best Actor in Motion Picture (Drama) that went to Rami Malek for ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ and Best Director – Motion Picture that went to Alfonso Cuaron for the film ‘Roma’.
- Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, considered by many as the favorites to win Best Actress and Best Actor Drama awards, went home empty-handed.