Cabinet approves New Umbrella Scheme Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan
The Union Cabinet approved new Umbrella Scheme ‘Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan, (PM-AASHA.).The Scheme is aimed at ensuring remunerative prices to farmers for their produce as announced in the Union Budget for 2018.
Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan
- The Scheme is aimed at ensuring remunerative prices to farmers for their produce as announced in the Union Budget for 2018.
- The new Umbrella Scheme is comprised of Price Support Scheme, Price Deficiency Payment Scheme and Pilot of Private Procurement and Stockist Scheme.
- The aims at protecting the farmers’ income which is expected to go a long way towards the welfare of farmers.
About Umbrella Scheme.
- The Umbrella Scheme’ this Scheme is a protection and empowerment mission for women.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA), chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 22, 2017, gave its approval for the expansion of the scheme of Ministry of Women and Child Development under Umbrella Mission for the period 2017-18 to 2019-20.
- This scheme is basically for the care, protection, and development of women. Its aim is to improve the decreasing Child Sex Ratio, to ensure the survival and protection of the newborn girl child, to ensure higher education and empower her to fulfill her potential.