Commerce Minister launches logo and brochure of Logix India 2019
Union Minister of Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu launched the logo and brochure of ‘Logix India 2019’.
Logix India will enable effective international trade logistics and help provide the efficient and cost-effective flow of goods on which other commercial sectors. As per the Economic Survey 2017-18, India’s logistics industry, worth around USD 160 billion, is likely to touch USD 215 billion in the next two years. This sector provides employment to more than 22 million people and is expected to grow at the rate of 10.5 percent over the next 5 years.
India ranked at 44th position in the World Bank’s ‘Logistics Performance Index 2018’.
About Logix India 2019
- Logix India 2019 is scheduled to take place in New Delhi from January 31 to February 2, 2019.
- This mega logistics event will be organized by the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) as a major initiative to improve logistics cost effectiveness and operational efficiencies for India.
- FIEO will focus on investment opportunities in infrastructure development, warehouse consolidation, technology integration, and skilling of manpower.
- Over 20 countries are sending delegations to explore logistics partnerships with India and FIEO is focusing on logistical solutions for difficult to reach markets.
- Over 100 international delegates are expected to attend Logix India 2019.