India has won 10 gold medals at the 8th South Asian Judo Championship held in Lalitpur, Nepal. The Indian women players grabbed all seven gold while the men won three out of total seven gold medals in the individual category.
Host Nepal and Pakistan bagged two gold medals each at the event. India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Sri Lanka have participated in the championship. It may be mentioned that this is the fourth time Nepal has hosted the South Asian Judo championship.
- India has won 10 gold medals at 8th South Asian Judo Championship in Lalitpur, Nepal.
- A total 102 players (from six Countries) will compete for 7 gold, 7 Silver, and 14 bronze medals each in men’s and women’s individual categories.
- While they will also contest for one gold, one silver, and two bronze each in the men’s and women’s team events.
- Indian men Divesh, Vijay Kumar Yadav and Ajay Yadav won gold for the country.
- Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka participating in a three-day South Asian Judo Championship.