NCR RASTA, Yatri RASTA: North Central Railways launches two mobile apps
The North Central Railways (NCR) launched two mobile apps, NCR RASTA (Railway assets Summarised Tracking Application) and Yatri RASTA Railway Approach to Station Tracking Applications for its employees and passengers, respectively, for locating assets and stations. The ‘Yatri RASTA’ app will allow the general public to locate the railway stations easily. It is already available for smartphones running on Android and can be downloaded free of cost from Google Play Store.
- Both these apps are aimed at helping to fulfill twin objectives of better passenger service and asset maintenance by using cutting-edge technology and for handling emergencies
- NCR RASTA app: It is for use of railway officers and staff and has the exact mapping of all railway assets. It will enable railway staff to reach the desired asset using Google Navigation in case of an emergency
- Yatri RASTA app: It will allow the general public to locate railway stations easily. It is already available for smartphones running on Android and can be downloaded free of cost from Google Play Store
About North Central Railway (NCR)
- NCR is one of the seventeen railway zones in India. It is headquartered at Allahabad and comprises three divisions Allahabad, Jhansi, and Agra.
- It is known as Workhorse of Indian Railways and is also referred to as the heartbeat of Indian Railways
- It spans over parts of Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana and Madhya Pradesh with about 3062 route km
- of Broad Gauge comprising predominately, double line-electrified sections defining sides and diagonals of Golden Quadrilateral. The largest railway station in NCR is Kanpur Central