NITI Aayog, UN sign Sustainable Development Framework for 2018-2022
NITI Aayog and United Nations in India signed the Sustainable Development Framework for 2018-2022.he agreement is a reflection of the commitment and efforts made by India towards attaining the Sustainable Development Goals.
Key Features of UNSDF
- The UNSDF outlines the development cooperation strategy between the Government of India and the United Nations Country Team in India, in support of the achievement of India’s key national development priorities and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The framework was created following a highly participative process, in consultation with government entities, civil society representatives, academia and the private sector.
- The focus areas include poverty and urbanization; health, water, and sanitation; education; nutrition and food security; climate change, clean energy, and disaster resilience; skilling, entrepreneurship, and job creation; and gender equality and youth development.
- The UN will support the Government of India on south-south cooperation, in partnership with the Ministry of External Affairs.
- The total planned budget outlay for the implementation of the UNSDF 2018-2022 is approximately INR 11000 crore, of which 47 percent is planned to be mobilized through the course of implementation from multiple sources, including the private sector and the government.