Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal on 1 November 2017 announced the launch of the Food Regulatory Portal and Investor Facilitation Portal “Nivesh Bandhu” while chairing the Press Conference detailing about the World Food India 2017 Expo.
World Food India Expo is a mega event which would showcase the entire value chain in the food sector.
‘Food Regulatory Portal’
• MoFPI and FSSAI will jointly launch the ‘Food Regulatory Portal’, a single interface for food businesses to cater to both domestic operations and food imports.
• Food Regulatory Portal will be a game changer for effective and transparent implementation of the food safety laws in the country.
• The portal is strategically aligned with Union Government’s mission of One Nation, One Food Law to create an enabling environment for businesses to operate.
• Investor Facilitation Portal “Nivesh Bandhu” will assist investors to make informed investment decisions.
• It will provide information on Central and State Governments’ investor friendly policies, agro-producing clusters, infrastructure, and potential areas of investment in the food processing sector.