World Kidney Day 2019 will be observed on 14th March
- The World Kidney Day 2019 will be observed on 14th March. The theme of the World Kidney Day 2019 is Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere.
- The theme emphasizes universal health coverage (UHC) for prevention and early treatment of kidney disease.
- The Day is observed all across the world with hundred events taking place from public screenings in Argentina to Zumba marathons in Malaysia.
- Globally, 850 million people are estimated to have kidney diseases from various causes. Chronic kidney diseases (CKD) cause at least 2.4 million deaths per year and are now the 6th fastest growing cause of death.
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) is an important driver of chronic kidney diseases that affects over 13 million people worldwide and 85 percent of these cases are found in low and middle-income countries (LMICs)